LC Calculated Grades & Student Portal
How to Register
1. Before you start, you will need:
- your examination number — see the Q&A Section below if you do not know this number
- your Personal Public Services number (PPS number) — see the Q&A Section if you do not know this number
- an email address to which you have regular access over the coming months
- your mobile phone number.
2. To confirm your identity in the registration process you will use the first 4 digits of your PPS number as your personal identification number (PIN).
3. Go to www.gov.ie/leavingcertificate
4. Click on the link Calculated Grades Student Portal at the top of the page. This will bring you to the Calculated Grades Student Portal welcome page
5. Select the green Register Using Candidate Number and PIN button. This brings you to the Registration Step 1 page. This is where you will confirm your identity.
6. Confirm your Identity — on the Registration Step 1 page enter your Examination number in the first box. Enter the first 4 digits of your PPS number in the box marked PIN. Click Confirm Identity . This brings you to the Registration Step 2 page. This is where you will create your Calculated Grade Student Portal Account.
7. Create your Account — on the Registration Step 2 page, you need to enter and confirm;
- a. Your mobile number
- b. Your email address
You also need to create a password which you will need to enter and confirm. The password must be a minimum of 8 characters and include upper and lower-case characters and numbers. When you have this done, click Create Account button. Doing this generates an email to your email address and brings you to the Account Activation page.
8. Activate your Account — in order to complete the registration process, you must click on the link in the email sent to your email account. The email will be from the Department of Education and Skills. If have do not seem to have received the email check your SPAM and JUNK folders before contacting the Helpdesk. Clicking the link in the email completes the registration process and confirms the creation of your Calculated Grade Student Portal Account. Please note: you must click this link to activate your account.
9. If you are a Leaving Certificate Applied student, that is all you need to do at this point. Keep your account details securely (Examination number and the password you created) so you can access the portal later when we ask you to do so.
10. All other Leaving Certificate students must proceed to the next step to confirm their subject levels.