L.Cert & LCA 2020 Results
Update September 3rd 2020 – https://tinyurl.com/y234f8qm
Leaving Cert results are available online through the Calculated Grades Portal from 9am on Monday September 7th. Please read the important link above for more details. Ms. Harris and Ms. McCabe will be available via phone and Zoom all day to speak with students. If you would like to meet with one of them please ring or email them to arrange.
We wish you all the very best – to us you have already succeeded as resilient, mature, responsible young adults and whatever happens from Monday on you will always be a part of our RCS community! Ms. O Connor.
Update – September 2nd 2020 – Leaving Cert Results are out – What next?
Update – August 26th August 2020
Leaving Certificate 2020 – Postponed Examinations to commence on 16th November.
Students are being advised that the written examinations will be based on the normal question paper format, content and structure as in previous years. Students taking the postponed examinations will be graded on the basis of their written papers.
In confirming the written nature of the examinations the Minister stated it would not be feasible or practical at this stage to conduct examinations in oral or practical components, or to try to complete unfinished coursework. She referred to the fact that the oral and practical components are school-based, requiring significant levels of support at school level, including the requirement to take serving teachers out of their schools to undertake state examinations work.
In the case of five subjects, the SEC will also mark coursework which had been completed prior to school closure and these marks will be included in the grading of these subjects. These are:
- Home Economics (already marked by the SEC);
- LCVP Portfolio;
- Design and Communication Graphics;
- Physical Education (PE) Physical Activity Project;
In all other subjects, candidates will be awarded grades solely on the written papers.
The full text of the Ministerial Announcement can be accessed through the following link:
How to Register
1. Before you start, you will need:
- your examination number — see the Q&A Section below if you do not know this number
- your Personal Public Services number (PPS number) — see the Q&A Section if you do not know this number
- an email address to which you have regular access over the coming months
- your mobile phone number.
2. To confirm your identity in the registration process you will use the first 4 digits of your PPS number as your personal identification number (PIN).
3. Go to www.gov.ie/leavingcertificate
4. Click on the link Calculated Grades Student Portal at the top of the page. This will bring you to the Calculated Grades Student Portal welcome page
5. Select the green Register Using Candidate Number and PIN button. This brings you to the Registration Step 1 page. This is where you will confirm your identity.
6. Confirm your Identity — on the Registration Step 1 page enter your Examination number in the first box. Enter the first 4 digits of your PPS number in the box marked PIN. Click Confirm Identity . This brings you to the Registration Step 2 page. This is where you will create your Calculated Grade Student Portal Account.
7. Create your Account — on the Registration Step 2 page, you need to enter and confirm;
- a. Your mobile number
- b. Your email address
You also need to create a password which you will need to enter and confirm. The password must be a minimum of 8 characters and include upper and lower-case characters and numbers. When you have this done, click Create Account button. Doing this generates an email to your email address and brings you to the Account Activation page.
8. Activate your Account — in order to complete the registration process, you must click on the link in the email sent to your email account. The email will be from the Department of Education and Skills. If have do not seem to have received the email check your SPAM and JUNK folders before contacting the Helpdesk. Clicking the link in the email completes the registration process and confirms the creation of your Calculated Grade Student Portal Account. Please note: you must click this link to activate your account.
9. If you are a Leaving Certificate Applied student, that is all you need to do at this point. Keep your account details securely (Examination number and the password you created) so you can access the portal later when we ask you to do so.
10. All other Leaving Certificate students must proceed to the next step to confirm their subject levels.