1. New “Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post-Primary Schools 2017” came into effect from 11 December 2017.
2. To view the Department of Education and Skills Circular Letter, 0081/2017, relating to these procedures, please see the right hand menu.
3. To view these new procedures, please see the right hand menu.
4. The Board of Management of Ramsgrange Community School, Co. Wexford has formally adopted a Child Safeguarding Statement that is required as part of these new procedures. To view this statement, please see the right hand menu.
5. The Child Safeguarding Statement was formally reviewed by the Board of Management on 12 March 2019. Please see the right hand menu for notification of this review.
6. With effect from January 2018, the Principal, Ms T Edwards will present a Child Protection Oversight Report at each meeting of the school’s Board of Management.
7. Any persons with child protection concerns are invited to contact a member of staff or the Designated Liaison Person (DLP), Ms. Edwards, or, in her absence, the Deputy Designated Liaison Person (DDLP), Ms. Kehoe.
8. Ms. T Edwards attended an information meeting on 4 February 2019 in relation to the new model of Child Protection and Safeguarding Inspections (CPSI) to be conducted by the Department of Education and Skills. The Board of Management will be reviewing all checks associated with this model in the coming months to ensure full compliance by the school.
9. This section of the school website will be used to provide updates to members of the school community in relation to general child protection matters.
Put simply, child protection in this school is all about safeguarding students against any form of neglect or physical/emotional/sexual abuse. Please speak to any member of staff if you have a concern about yourself or any other student.
Ms T Edwards